Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Friend's Sweet Baby Shower

Meredith's Baby Shower

Today I was lucky to throw a baby shower for a great friend. Francis Scott will be here in December and it was a joy to shower her with love and presents.

Menu
1. Pimento Cheese Sandwiches


2. Egg Salad Sandwiches


3. Chicken Salad Sandwiches
I used my Mom's recipe with a few variations. My Mom's is the best I have ever had and I LOVE it!

Recipe
Canned Chicken or Chicken Breast cooked and shredded
Grapes quartered
Celery finely chopped
Mayo
Sweet pickle relish
Dill
Finely chopped Pecans (my add in)
A tiny touch of Honey (my add in)

I do not have measurements nor does she we just mix and go by taste. I mix in ordered I listed in the recipe. We serve on croissants or crackers.


I used this great Punch recipe that you can find here.

Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch

Summary: Adorable Ducky Bath Punch – The blue Kool-Aid makes it look like bath water and the sherbet mixed with the ginger ale gives it “bath bubbles”.

Ingredients

  • 1 packet blue, unsweetened Kool-Aid
  • 1 (2 liter) bottle Ginger Ale
  • 1 (64 oz) bottle White Grape Juice
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 8 scoops pineapple sherbet
  • 2-3 Rubber Duckies
  • maraschino cherries (optional for garnish)
  • orange slices (optional for garnish)

Instructions

  1. Chill ginger ale and grape juice over night
  2. Remove sherbet from freezer about 1/2 hour before serving punch to soften
  3. In a large bowl, combine Kool-Aid packet, sugar and chilled juice. Stir to blend.
  4. Slowly add chilled ginger ale.
  5. Float 8 scoops of softened sherbet on top
  6. Add Rubber Duckies (don’t forget to wash before using)
  7. garnish cups with cherries and orange slices

Number of servings (yield): 24

No comments: