Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend!

So Memorial Weekend fell perfectly this year right after my Birthday!! So my Birthday present from my wonderful husband was a trip to Disneyland!!!

Thursday we went to Tucson and saw the new Terminator movie which was great! Then we did some shopping! Which I loved! Then after some dinner we went to the Train station and got on the train headed to LA! So I have to say we were both very excited to take our first train ride but after I was a little disappointed! Night trips are not that much fun! I could not get comfortable (could be the pregnancy) but I could not get my feet to reach the stand and if they did my back would cramp up! Finally early that morning we put the suitcase in the floor in front of me and it was fantastic so I took a nap! LOL

Once arriving at the train station Jon's brother was waiting on us! So happy to see him! The LA train station is beautiful! We decide to go exploring downtown a little and it was so neat! We went through Chinatown and the fashion district. We also saw the Disney Concert Hall which is amazing! Then we went to Beverly Hills and had lunch at this little Coffee/Cafe! YUMMY!!! And to top off lunch "Dr. Mark Sloan" from Grey's Anatomy was eating his lunch there as well! I was very happy to see him! It took a while to get my poor husband to realize who he was! HAHA!!! Next on our stop was Rodeo Drive (of which poor Jon had not heard of over half of the stores) It was so pretty! Then we rode through all the gorgeous houses! Several are owned by Celebrities but we just didn't know which ones! LOL! Still pretty!



Later that night we went to eat Dinner at this fantastic Seafood restaurant! The Blue Water Grill is set on the harbor in Venice Beach. It was so yummy but we had the weirdest waiter ever! Oh well! After we went exploring again and went further up the coast to go to Tim's favorite coffee shops new store opening. Well needless to say I have never seen that many people before and especially not for a coffee shop! We did the drive by and made our way back to the house so that we could be at Disney by 7:30 the next Morning!

So Saturday we woke up early!! (WAY EARLY FOR ME) We drove to Disney and almost ran to make our reservations at Goofy's Kitchen! Let me tell you I have always loved Character breakfast but the food here was amazing!!! Their specialty is peanut butter and jelly pizza, I know sounds gross but it was amazing I could have eaten the whole pizza by myself! They have lunch and breakfast foods of every kind! So Yummy! I was very glad to be walking all over the park! Next stop was Disneyland! We automatically felt like little kids again! It was great! It was both Jon and I's first time to Disneyland but Jon's first time to anything Disney! Man what a great time we had!

First stop was to get me a Disney hat! So cute they had a birthday one and I got my name on it! YAY! Then we went straight to space mountain so that the boys could put in there fast passes. Then we were off the ther bathrooms (For one of the OH SO MANY trips) and Its a small world! We went to Toon Town and got to go in Mickey's House! Then we went to Indiana Jones Ride, the boys rode the ride and I ate Apples and peanut butter! Go Figure! We also went to California Adventure Land! We went all over both parks and rode as much as we could! So much fun! We watched the Pixar Parade in California Adventure Land and then ran over to Disneyland to see the Celebration Parade! Both were great! Then we had dinner at the Blue Bayou in the New Orleans section of Disney! It was great! Next were the fireworks! Wow I have never seen so many people in one spot! Yikes! The fireworks were great! And Tinkerbell flying over the castle the whole time was amazing!!! Man was I tired and I think everything on me was swollen by this point! We roamed around to see some of the sights all lite up and to see the Castle! We had not been to Sleeping Beauty's Castle! So pretty!



Sunday we went to Church with Tim and the flew to the Train Station! We were running through that place like crazy people and I wanted to cry from being stressed by the time we got on the train! So on the way back to Tucson we were! We got there around midnigh and on our way to Sierra Vista we were! So glad to be back home in our bed! We were so tired and were very glad to have a day to relax!

No comments: