Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getaway

So lately this deployment has been draining! Some days are harder than others! I hate that Jon is missing out on so much! My friend Meredith is exhausted with it as well, with two kids at home who wouldn't be. So in October we are heading east to Gatlinburg, TN! We still have over a month before we get to go but I just can not wait! A get away with a friend! I love to travel, LOVE IT, and Gatlinburg is near and dear to my heart! I love going! I grew up going there and Jon and I went there on our Honeymoon. So a BIG thanks to my Aunt and Uncle who own and cabin for letting us use it for a little change of scenery!
One place I am dying to go is http://www.christmasplace.com/. I just love that place and go everytime I am up there! They have so many pretty Christmas trees and decorations and some really fun gifts. I also like going in there Vera Bradley shop. (No one would ever guess that.)
They also have just opened a new restaurant called The Partridge and Pear. Its menu looks so yummy with things like Christmas Tomatoes, Sweet Potato Ribbons, Partridge and Pear Salad, Christmas Bread Pudding and Cake from Christmas Past. They also have a Santa Blender! How cute and cool!
In 2007 they also opened The Christmas Inn! Its rooms look amazing and it is right across the street from the Christmas Shops! Take a look for your next vacation.
Another place I hope to talk Meredith into going to is The Apple Barn. It is one of our favorite places to eat in Pigeon Forge. There food is so good and I love the apple fritters with apple butter. The apple julep is to die for also! We always buy several jars of there apple butter to take home with us and normal some of the apple fritter mix. Jon really loves it.
One of my other favorite restaurants is the Old Mill. It is not only a restaurant it is still a working mill! I still order most of my flour and gravy mix from them online. We buy jellies and pancake mix and all kinds of fun things. There is a amazing pottery shop there that we have bought several peices from, a candy kitchen with yummy fudge, a cute little kids toy shop, and a ice cream and coffee shop. Such a fun place to spend a couple of hours.

No comments: