Monday, October 20, 2008

Grocery Cart Recipe Challenge

Sorry this is a few days late! I have started the new Grocery Cart Challenge. Every Friday I am going to post a new low cost recipe to go a long with this challenge! If you would like to participate or would just like some more great recipes please go to Gayle's blog at http://grocerycartchallenge.blogspot.com/.

This is for Pizza Sauce! Great homemade true Italian Pizza Sauce! This recipe makes a good bit but I put the leftovers in the freezer and get it out when I need scoop out what I need and warm it up. Easy, Fast, Cheap homemade pizzas!

Pizza Sauce

1 quart Strained Tomato's
1 Large can of Tomato Puree
1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of Salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of Pepper
1 Clove of Garlic
1 teaspoon Oregano

(Makes about 5-6 Pizzas)

No comments: