Daisypath - Anniversary

Lilypie - Fifth Birthday

Lilypie - Second Birthday

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Our Turkey Week

Our Turkey Week

Last week was great. It had a lot of highs and some lows but overall it was great to see all of our family! I drove back on a Thursday and picked up Tyler from Jon's Parents house and we headed to Lolli and Pop Pop's. While I was unloading the car Tyler was playing and dying for his present from Daddy. Jon mailed Tyler a little red car and he was so excited! Later that night Pop Pop watched Tyler so that I could go look at the boys Christmas pictures and I picked all of us dinner up.
Friday morning Tyler and Walker woke me up at 6 am! Wowsa!!!! Tyler was so sweet and I got some snuggles in the bed.  We got up and tried to go to Wal-mart and well that did not go so well. Tyler had multiple meltdowns and we had to leave immediately. When we got home both boys took naps and I got to talk to Jon on Skype. This changed the day! When Tyler woke up later that afternoon Pop Pop took him to see his backhoe. Tyler was so funny and told Pop Pop he was "baby scared of it" but he sat with Pop Pop on it and would let him crank it and the dumped the bucket. Friday night Tyler and Pop Pop went on a date night to the mall. They had Chick Fil A for dinner and Tyler got a toy at Toys R Us and a Alabama hat at the Auburn/Alabama store. He was so excited!!!! Walker and I went with my mom to Gadsden to see my grandmother in the hospital. She was so excited to see the baby! Afterwards we got dinner and headed home. Long Day!

Saturday morning my sweet mom watched the two boys so that I could go get my highlights touched up and my hair cut. I am so thankful because my hair was beginning to look horrible! After that she got ready and headed to Gadsden and the boys both took naps. After nap time me and the boys headed to Wal-mart to go get grocery's again. We survived!!!! I was able to get all that I needed and the boys both behaved! We went home, unloaded and put away groceries and I cooked supper.
Sunday was Church and lunch with Jon's parents. Tyler had a fun afternoon playing with grandfather and helping work on the deck. That boy loves to play outside and loves helping Granddaddy out. I had to beg him to leave so that Grandma and Granddaddy could get some rest before they left to go to Atlanta to get Uncle Tim and Aunt Jee.
Monday morning when we got up we watched a little mouse and I started Nana's dressing before we headed over to Grandma and Granddaddy's house for brunch and to see Uncle Tim and Aunt Jee. They had not got to meet little Walker and we were dying to see them. We had a yummy breakfast and then the grandparents watched to boys so that I was able to catch up with Tim and Jee at Starbucks. We hardly ever get to talk to them because we all live crazy lives and they are out in LA. (No excuse, I know but it is the truth!) We had a good day then we headed back to Lolli and Pop's were the boys took naps and I made my Nana's chicken and dressing and dinner for the night.
In the wee hours Tuesday morning Walker woke me up throwing up and not just throwing up projectile throwing up. Tyler never threw up until 2 weeks ago so this was new for me and very gross and heartbreaking at the same time. I was covered in peas! Yuck! Poor baby!  I got him calmed down and rocked back to sleep but was too scared to lay him back down so we both slept in the recliner all night long. Tuesday morning when he had his bottle he threw up again so I called the doctor and they said at his age to take him to a Urgent Care immediately and let them check on him. I went to one and they would not see him till he was 6 months old and referred me to another who had to the same policy. I got frustrated and took him to the ER, not at the hospital my grandmother was at but the other hospital in the city. They did a amazing job and were quick! Walker now has reflux! YUCK! Poor guy but it does not seem to bother him very much! This is the good thing about it! After the ER we stopped to pick up some food and headed home (Lolli & Pop's). After eating I put the boys down for naps and I prepared all of Thanksgiving and cooked dinner.

Wednesday morning we got up and got ready and headed over to The St. John's for a day of fun with the whole family. We had a small lunch together and then we hung out all afternoon. Walker took a nap and Tyler got to run through the yard playing and go on a walk with Granddaddy. Some of us played Scattergories and Walker helped us on a few rounds then Grand-mommy rescued him. HA! For dinner Jon's parents made a low country boil and it was great. It was nice to spend the day with all of Jon's family. We even all got to get in on a Skype call with him that day! After dinner we drove back to Lolli and Pop's. When we got there I got Walker asleep and in his bed and Tyler and I played a little waiting for everyone else to get home from visiting Nana. Tyler was so happy when Ansleigh walked through the door. It was so nice to see my sister and her family. Ansleigh and Tyler played and stayed up way to late that night.
Thursday was TURKEY DAY! I got up that morning at 8! Thanks Walker for letting me sleep in a little! Tyler and Ansleigh were up and playing away. We watched some TV and the kids went over to Pop Pop's shop for a little while. I started cooking and getting everything ready for Thanksgiving Lunch. We all had a wonderful Thanksgiving lunch together but it was sad to not have my grandmother there with us or my mom's brother and his family. After Lunch we fixed a plate and headed to Ohatchee. We stopped in to see all my dad's side of the family. My Uncle wanted to take my kids on a boat ride so my dad, Ansleigh, Tyler and I went with him out on the river for a small ride. Tyler got scared at first but he had a blast, actually we all did! So fun! It sure made me miss Jon, though! I can not wait for that guy to be back home again! After our ride we headed to Gadsden to go see my grandmother. She was glad to see us and get to see the kids. After that visit I took the boys and drove back to Anniston and then we went over to the Diggs house. It was nice to catch up with them and meet some new people as well! We did miss Jonathan being there though!
Friday morning this momma did not get up and go out with all the crazies! HA! My boys slept till 8 and so did I. I did do some online shopping after I got up and lunch time we hit up Martin's and Target. Tyler was exhausted by the time we got to Target and he fell asleep in the shopping cart! The whole Target trip! HA! We put stuff in the cart around him and got lots of fun stuff for everyone. After Target me and the boys headed over to The St. John's for family photos and supper together. Jee made a wonderful Lasagna and the boys barely cooperated for family photo's but I think we got one!
Saturday was game day and well it was not so hot for my team! Worst game ever!!! Pop Pop and Tyler treat us to dinner of their choice or actually Tyler's choice. We had dinner at Red Lobster and sweet Walker left them a present and projectile vomited all over the floor.
Sunday we went to church and had lunch at Jon's parents house. Tyler fell asleep on the couch and slept most of the afternoon. Sunday night I packed up the car so we could be ready to go on Monday morning.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow what a crazy and fun trip you had!!! :)