Friday, February 25, 2011

Georgia Aquarium

A week from today we are going to downtown Atlanta to visit the Georgia Aquarium. It is the world's largest aquarium with over 8.5 million gallons of water and 120,00 animals. It is huge! I have been wanting to go since it opened. I went on post this week and got tickets for Jon and I and his parents and little Tyler is free! He loves water and they have a lot of activities for children under 3 so I think Tyler will have a lot of fun. We can not wait to see the whale sharks. The Georgia Aquarium is the only place to house them outside of Asia. It also features a Great Hammerhead shark, they are only here and one other aquarium in the US. We will get to see several Beluga whales. They are so cute and I can not help to sing the song Baby Beluga every time I see them. They also house 4 Manta Rays only 4 other aquariums in the world house them. The largest measures 9 ft across and weighs 265 pounds. We will get to see so many marine animals that are rarely seen in the US. I am so excited! I will have my Canon ready to go!



Map of the Aquarium


Adorable Beluga Whales


Whale Shark


Gorgeous Turtles
Have you been? Tell me all about it, please. Did strollers move through easily? What do I need to have with me?

Images from Google Image and Info & Stats from Wikipedia

No comments: