Friday, June 18, 2010

The Grocery Cart Challenge

The Ultimate Stuffed Mushroom
I got this recipe off of http://www.kraftrecipes.com ! I use this website often from my computer and the handy Iphone Application! I use it often at the grocery store! I made this last weekend and man oh man were they good!!! I really enjoyed them!

What you Need

20 Fresh Mushrooms

3 Tbsp butter

2 Tbsp finely chopped Onions

2 Tbsp finely chopped red onions

12 Ritz crackers finely crushed, 1/2 cup

2 Tbsp Kraft grated parmesan

1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning

Make It

Turn oven on to 400 degrees. Remove stems of all mushrooms. Finely chop enough stems to equal 1/4 cup. Discard the rest of the stems or refrigerate for other use.

Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chopped stems, onions and peppers; cook and stir until tender. Stir in cracker crumbs, cheese, and seasoning (I also added a little cheddar); spoon into mushroom caps. Place on baking sheet. (I topped off with Bacon Crumbles also.)

Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.
Substitutes

Reduced Fat Ritz crackers and parmesan cheese





Top photo courtesy of http://www.kraftrecipes.com/


Bottom two are taken by me

No comments: