Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Turkey Day


Do you have your Turkey day Menu yet? Thanksgiving is at my Mom's and I helped her get the menu together and made a grocery list. Next Wednesday I will mix up all the casseroles and have them ready to go into the oven on Thursday. Also Wednesday night my dad will cook the ham and turkey. We are planners and like to be prepared. We also do not like any of the stress or rush of doing it all that day. We like to be able to enjoy talking and spending time with the family. My Mom's mother comes over early and we enjoy getting to spend extra time with her.

I am getting so excited about Turkey day this year but I also miss my husband very much! The Holidays always make the distance just a little harder. I am so excited for Ansleigh and Tyler to get to play together. I heart the thought of the two of them running through the house.

Our Menu:

The Main Deal

Ham & Turkey

Side Dishes
Green Bean Casserole

Corn Casserole

Sweet Potato Casserole

Macaroni and Cheese

Cranberry Sauce
Deviled Eggs
Chicken And Dressing

Dessert
Cake Pops
This Photo and Recipe came from Bakerella

Sugar Free Cheesecake
This Photo and Recipe came from Splenda

Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Bars
This Photo and Recipe came from Paula Deen

1 comment:

Blessed Mama! said...

Too fun to run into your blog today. I have a blog called stjohnfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com. There are 4 girls in our St.John family. We are starting to get together every Wed. and put recipes together on our blog, take pictures, eat together. Very fun family stuff.
You guys look really cute together! Happy Holidays. I'm having thanksgiving at my house this year. Wish me luck!