Today we are headed up to Paris Landing so that Jon and my Dad can fish tomorrow in a fishing tournament. We are all hoping to have a great weekend together as a family and it will be so great to see my parents.
Broccoli, Grape, and Pasta Salad
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 8 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli florets from stems, and separate florets into small pieces using tip of a paring knife. Peel away tough outer layer of stems, and finely chop stems.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add broccoli, hot cooked pasta, and grapes, and stir to coat. Cover and chill 3 hours. Stir bacon and pecans into salad just before serving.