Cinnamon Wreath Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Red and/or green miniature candy-coated semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 recipe Frosting
1. In bowl beat butter with electric mixer 30 seconds. Beat in 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon, ginger, and 1/8 teaspoon salt until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour. Divide dough in half. Cover; chill about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. On lightly floured surface, roll half the dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 3-inch scalloped cookie cutter. Cut out centers with 1-inch scalloped cutter. Place cutouts on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Press candy pieces into dough.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate with Frosting. Makes 18 to 20 cookies.
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Green food coloring
In small saucepan melt white baking chocolate and shortening over low heat. Stir in a few drops green food coloring.
Recipe from Here