Today I was lucky to throw a baby shower for a great friend. Francis Scott will be here in December and it was a joy to shower her with love and presents.
1. Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
2. Egg Salad Sandwiches
3. Chicken Salad Sandwiches
I used my Mom's recipe with a few variations. My Mom's is the best I have ever had and I LOVE it!
Canned Chicken or Chicken Breast cooked and shredded
Celery finely chopped
Sweet pickle relish
Finely chopped Pecans (my add in)
A tiny touch of Honey (my add in)
I do not have measurements nor does she we just mix and go by taste. I mix in ordered I listed in the recipe. We serve on croissants or crackers.
I used this great Punch recipe that you can find here.
Summary: Adorable Ducky Bath Punch – The blue Kool-Aid makes it look like bath water and the sherbet mixed with the ginger ale gives it “bath bubbles”.
- 1 packet blue, unsweetened Kool-Aid
- 1 (2 liter) bottle Ginger Ale
- 1 (64 oz) bottle White Grape Juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 scoops pineapple sherbet
- 2-3 Rubber Duckies
- maraschino cherries (optional for garnish)
- orange slices (optional for garnish)
- Chill ginger ale and grape juice over night
- Remove sherbet from freezer about 1/2 hour before serving punch to soften
- In a large bowl, combine Kool-Aid packet, sugar and chilled juice. Stir to blend.
- Slowly add chilled ginger ale.
- Float 8 scoops of softened sherbet on top
- Add Rubber Duckies (don’t forget to wash before using)
- garnish cups with cherries and orange slices
Number of servings (yield): 24