Sweet Tea TiramisùFeatured in Southern Living May 2011
- YIELD: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- HANDS-ON: 20 MINUTES
- TOTAL: 13 HOURS, 30 MINUTES
- COURSE: Desserts
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 (8-oz.) containers mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 (3-oz.) packages ladyfingers
- 1 to 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a 3-qt. heavy saucepan; add tea bags. Remove from heat; cover and steep 10 minutes.
- 2. Discard tea bags. Add 1 cup sugar, stirring until dissolved. Bring tea mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 to 22 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1 cup. Remove mixture from heat, and let cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- 3. Stir together mascarpone cheese, vanilla bean paste, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- 4. Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into cheese mixture.
- 5. Separate ladyfingers in half. Arrange 24 ladyfinger halves, flat sides up, in the bottom of an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Drizzle with half of tea mixture. Top with half of cheese mixture. Repeat layers once. Cover and chill 12 hours. Sift cocoa over top just before serving.