Saturday, May 28, 2011

Time alone

Man is life different after having a child! He is the most precious thing in the world to me but children will change your life and your relationship. It is hard not living close to family or around people you know. If you have children and live close to family consider yourself lucky, very lucky. Since coming home from Afghanistan in January Jon and I have been on 2 dates by ourselves. We went out for our anniversary for dinner and was too exhausted to go do anything else then we got to go to dinner in Gatlinburg, Tn at one of our favorite steakhouses. I miss time alone with my husband very badly. We do not have babysitters or anyone close by to watch our sweet boy. I love Tyler very much and feel so very blessed that God gave us such a blessing to take care of but I also love my husband very much and at times feel like our lives are all about Tyler and we are forgetting us. Don't get me wrong our relationship is not in trouble or suffering at ALL. I just miss that time with him not having to wrestle a toddler, feed a toddler, occupy that toddler, distract a toddler, keep that said toddler from throwing things at others tables, and etc. It's just different and hard to carry on a conversation one on one. Most nights once Tyler goes to bed we are to exhausted. He is in the Handful stage of life, which is great but oh so exhausting. I am so tired by the end of the day. Do any of you deal with this? Am I the only one struggling with this? Plus I will not just leave my child with anyone, no way, not happening, don't ask, don't suggest. I would not even leave him in the nursery at Jon's families church by his self until 10 months and then I checked on him a million times. I have a babysitter's list from on post and it is 15 and 16 year old girls who do not drive, so I would have to drive 20 minutes to pick them up and then I would have to take them home. And Jon can not because most Mom's do not want a man bringing their 16 year old daughter home alone. I get it believe me but that is a lot just to go to a hour of dinner. Oh well, I guess we will be sticking to trying to watch a movie together on the couch without falling asleep and having dinner out the 3 of us.

PS I am dying to see all of these movies listed below. It's not happening but I am dying to see them!

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Bridesmaids

The Hangover Part II

The Fast Five

Water for Elephants

Something Borrowed

Coming Soon:

X-Men: First Class

Green Lantern

Transformers Dark of The Moon

No comments: